20110306

Indoor seedlings started





Yesterday, I finally got around to starting my seedlings inside.  I usually end up buying some seedlings from the nursery and there are a lot of vegetables that I direct sow later in the spring, but I like to get some things going inside to plant out after the last frost.  This is probably the most I've ever tried.  I had actually hoped to plant more, but I ran out of space in my closet.  In the egg cartons I planted 18 marigolds, 6 parsley and 12 cumin.  I've never grown cumin before, so I don't know how it will turn out.  I actually just planted some seeds from the spice drawer in the kitchen.  They may not even germinate.  In the cups, I have planted 6 jalapeno peppers, 6 piri piri peppers (a frutescens from east Africa), 12 chia sages, 12 slicing tomatoes and 12 cherry tomatoes.  I had wanted to start more tomatoes, some jalapenos that may have cross-pollinated with an ornamental pepper and a lot of cayenne, but I'm going to have to find somewhere else to put them.

No comments:

Post a Comment