20110128

The State of the Garden


The state of the garden is not good.  The rosemary is the only thing looking well.  The kitchen sage and the lavender both look rather peaked.  I believe I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't get everything done in the fall like I should have.  As such, the ornamental salvias and the mints and bee balm all have dead growth on them that I should have trimmed off at the the end of the season.  The garlic needs weeding and I need to take a really close look at the greens.  I had hoped they would last through the winter, but was not counting on such heavy snow that stayed on the ground for so long.  They're mostly wilted and dead, but I think some pruning might reveal some lettuce, and maybe even bok choi, that has survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment